[ MALAYSIA ] KUALA LUMPUR (19 - 23 August 2024)

Saturday, 1 November 2025

Day 1 : 19 Aug 2024

Took a morning flight to KL via Scoot. I always prefer taking morning flight so that when I landed at the country, I will have more time to spend there. 


Landed KLIA2 on an early morning flight. But it was a hard landing which resulted in the overhead compartment to open and a backpack flew down and a man set across the aisle, caught the bag. The head stewardess saw it and told the steward who was taking care of our zone.


Singaporean now does not need to go through the manual counter and can now use the e-gate to pass through the immigration. After that, we will need to collect our luggage and go through another round of luggage scanning before you finally exit the arrival hall.

Had a quick bite from Starbucks as I was hungry without having breakfast before boarding the plane from Singapore. Sat there for about an hour or so as I wanted to wait for time to pass before the hotel's official check-in time. I was feeling a little sleepy. 


Booked a private hire via Grab to the hotel which the journey took about an hour. Reached the hotel around 2pm and fortunately, the room was ready by the time I arrived. Check-in with minor issue on my card which has issues collecting deposit. So the friendly staff at check-in, waive the collection of deposit and only collected the payment for the room charges.


As I stepped away from the counter to go up to my room, the same staff approached me with a small gift for my birthday. 
When the staff was telling me my room type upon issuing my room keycard, I thought I heard it wrong as I remembered I booked the Deluxe room, and was given the Deluxe Twin Tower view room on the 25th floor. Double upgrade on my birthday trip. 

Entered the room and the view was amazing. A direct view so close to the twin tower. Didn’t expect the mall would be so close to the hotel. 


Walking from the underground walkway will take approximately 15 minutes walk to Suria KLCC. Not to mention that the underground walkway can also lead to the skybridge to walk to Pavilion. 

I immediately drop my stuffs and head over to Suria KLCC (on foot) to have Chili’s for their steak and also hoping to have their cookie & ice cream dessert but sad that it’s no longer available as they have changes made on their menu. Ordered soup of the day and the steak, Fanta grape drink (unlimited) and dessert is their brownie with ice cream.





Went walking around the mall with vague memory of the location. Things still remained somewhat similar as compared to my previous trip before Covid. Bought a bottle of drink from the supermarket before heading to take the hotel buggy back to the hotel to rest. 

Non-stop taking photos of the night view from my bedroom window. 



Ordered In-Room Dining for their cake with apple juice. But I didn’t finished it as I fell asleep halfway through. Day 1 ended rather early as I was tired from lack of sleep. 

Day 2 : 20 Aug 2024

Day 2 started with me a little losing my way as I was trying to figure out the path to get to the overhead bridge to walk to Pavilion. 



Had lunch at Suki-Ya. Have been wanting to also visit this outlet for some time (though there is also outlets in Singapore), felt that the outlets in Malaysia is better. Was given a table at a corner which feels much better as I am dining alone. The privacy given is enough for someone who is an introvert like me. 


Their prices is affordable and cheap when convert from Ringgit to Singapore Dollars. I was careful when ordering my food and taking my dishes for my hotpot. 


Walked around a little before going back to the hotel. Bought quite a sum of snacks and drinks to enjoy. Bought Rotiboy to eat.



Rest for awhile and took the hotel's buggy to KLCC for dinner at DinTaiFung. For hotel guest who wish to take the buggy, you just need to produce your room keycard together with the card holder for the buggy driver for verification. 

Tried their XiaoLongBao and fried rice and shrimp ball. Didn't expect the food portion to be a little too big for me, so I request for the staff to help pack the balance for me to bring back to the hotel. 




Went to Kinokuniya after dinner to get some books to read since the prices there is cheaper than in Singapore. Oh boy, did I make quite a number of purchases. 


As it was drizzling when I left KLCC, I could only walk back to the hotel via the underground walkway since the hotel buggy couldn't operate on wet weather due to safety reasons. 


The walk back to the hotel takes about 15 - 20 minutes via the underground walkway. But I still felt safe as they were security guards around the area. To access to the side entrance of the hotel, I have to walk via the long lobby area of the function rooms. 

Day 3 : 21 Aug 2024

Decide to have my breakfast at the hotel buffet restaurant as I woke up late and couldn't think of what to have for the first meal of the day. Fortunately, I woke up about an hour and half before the buffet breakfast ends. 

So I went in my hoodie and running pant to the restaurant to have my food. 


A simple breakfast with mixture of Chinese and English dishes. Went back to my room to shower before heading out to KLCC (again) to walk around. 

Spotted some event being held by Petronas. 


Wanted to get more books from Kinokuniya but couldn't decide on it yet even though I spent nearly 3 hours going rounds and rounds and reading bits of the different books I come across and then keeping the books title in mind before deciding which book to get before my last night in KL. 


There was some promotion going on in Kinokuniya with collaboration with Petronas. Since the start date of the voucher will be after my departure from KL, I left the voucher in the hotel room. 

Felt abit sick so I didnt really do much and went back to the hotel to have dinner at the hotel restaurant. But also getting a croissant on my way back to the hotel. 



As the hotel does not serve dinner buffet but only Ala-cart menu, I ordered fried kway teow and mango juice. The restaurant was rather quiet during the dinner hours with only a few diners. 

Returned to the room to eat the croissant I bought (durian flavour). 

Went to sleep early after taking meds. 

Day 4 : 22 Aug 2024

Started my day again at the hotel buffet breakfast. Scramble eggs is a must when I eat at the hotel for breakfast.


Went back to the room to get ready and headed out to Bukit Bintang area to the Eslite bookstore to help my friend search for a book since I couldn't locate the booking in Kinokuniya. Check online that they have the book available at Eslite Bookstore (the only outlet in Asia, outside of Taiwan). 

I decided to try searching for the book myself and it took awhile before I gave up and asked the staff who managed to help me find the book and show me where it was placed. It was the new book from Anna Tood - The Infinite Light Dust. 


As I was looking at more books to see which one I would want to get, a lady approached me asking me to help take photo of her and her book which she wrote and is on shelf.


Again went to have Suki-ya for early dinner. I love how their meat portion is unlimited but my tummy is limited as well. Took bit of every dishes I wanted to eat. Fortunately, managed to finished what I took. 


Went to KLCC again to Kinokuniya to get the books I wanted to get. And also getting another Anna Todd's book for my friend as Kinokuniya had the book but not Eslite bookstore. 


And went to their Adidas outlet to get a duffel bag as my luggage couldn't fit all the books and purchase I made. And I needed to carry the books myself on hand so that it wouldn't be damaged during the flight if I were to put it in my checked in baggage. 


Since I am carrying a lot of purchases, I got lazy to walk back to hotel and texted the concierge for their buggy service back to the hotel. 
Fortunately, the rain stopped in time so the buggy service is in service and I could take the ride back to hotel.


I am a fan of crime / horror reader. So I bought quite a number of the related books. Managed to packed everything to fit my luggage and the duffle bag. 

Slept early as I wanted to have the hotel buffet breakfast early to avoid the morning crowd. 

Day 5 : 23 Aug 2024 (Last Day)

Had a disappointed egg of the day. Staff insisted that this is scramble egg when it's obviously the omelette. Gave up trying to question the chef about the egg. 


Went back to the hotel room to rest awhile before checking out of the hotel. And went to have my last meal before returning to Singapore. 


Planned to return back to the hotel early but it started pouring heavily. Since I prep extra time to spend at the mall. I decided to sit at Coffee Bean and waited for the rain to stop before getting the buggy ride back to the hotel. 


Wrote about my trip while waiting for time to pass. Fortunately, the rain stopped in time which I calculated to get to the airport for my afternoon flight home. 


Booked my transport to the airport via Grab and booked the luxury car (since the price is reasonable and I wanted to try out luxury car).

The sky started to look gloomy on my way to the airport and shortly after taking the photo, it started raining heavily and I was still quite a distance away to the airport. 


Many flights were delayed due to the bad weather and I was crossing finger hoping mine wouldn't be affected for too long. Ended up that my flight was delayed for about an hour.

The 45 minute plane ride back to SG was rather bumpy due to the constant turbulence. The seatbelt sign was on for almost the whole flight except for a quick 5 minutes for people to use the toilet. 


I started feeling uneasy as the non-stop dropping feeling caused by the turbulence and I feared for my life. Dropped a tiny bit of tear as I have never experienced turbulence like that. Felt rather giddy and nauseous and fortunately I had packed some medicated oil and the inhaler and used both throughout the flight. 

Even when I landed on the Singapore land, my legs were still shaking from the fear and it took quite awhile for me to get back to senses that I am safe on ground. 


Though the trip was bumpy and scary, I still would not be afraid to take flights. But I would make sure I check the weather before taking flights. 

This is the end of the trip and I will return back to KL again in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS