[ KOREA ] Seoul 7D6N (09 April - 16 April 2015)

Tuesday, 14 June 2016

Took morning flight to Seoul via Singapore Airlines for about 6 hours plus.

Day 1 - 10 April 2015


We reached Incheon International Airport Terminal 1 around 8AM.

Managed to steal some time to sleep on the plane. Working in the morning the previous day and didn't sleep after that cause was preparing for the trip.



Reached rather early, so we had some pre registration for the room. The homeowner was really good to inform the security that we are coming and he manage to say out my sis name even before we ask any question and guide us to the level of the homeowner.

We booked an airbnb room.
Reached early so we deposit our luggage and while waiting, the homeowner couldn't make it, so he had his sister do the registration for us and she made us the almond walnut adlay tea.

Had our lunch at small shop owned by a elderly couple nearby our apartment.

Managed to get some sleep after we get to check-in to our apartment and replenish our energy for the day as we had early flight and didn't really sleep.

Lunch was at Yukjeon Sikdang which was introduce by the homeowner.

Name of restaurant: Yukjeon Sikdang
Nearest Station: Sinseoldong





I just gotta say that having the BBQ over at Korea really does taste better because the meat is much more tastier.

A Korean man sitting next to my elder sis saw how we ate the BBQ, taught my sis how Korean wrap it and even use his own wrap to show how to do it and gave it to my sis.

I really love how they are fine with being so nice to strangers.
Day 1 end rather early without much shopping.

Day 2 - 11 April 2015

Day 2 started by going to the Tosokchon Ginseng Chicken for breakfast.

You don't have to worry if you can't speak Korean because most of the staff can speak Chinese due to the number of chinese tourist visiting Korea so often and that there are actually some staff who are from China

Name of Restaurant: Tosokchon
Nearest Station: Gyeongbukgung



Ordered 2 different Ginseng chicken soup.

Love the tenderness of the chicken and how nice the smell of ginseng that got caught in the chicken meat.
It came with 4 small cup of strong ginseng alcohol that I dislike.

Head to the Gyeongbukgung which is also known as Gwanghwamun







There is this stone stacking thing whereby you make your wish and snack your stone on top of some random stone and if it didn't fall off, it will most probably come true.

Walked around the palace but some area was covered up cause it's under construction.


Guards changing shift.
We witness stupid stuffs that some tourist do.
Some of them were trying to grab the flag pole from the guards but the guards shoo them off by stomping the poles real hard on the ground.



Trying to locate the famous area where tourist takes the magnificent photo.
At Garosu-gil.






Odeng


Hoddeok (cinnamon sauce pastry)
Was trying to find the traditional Korean houses to take the photos but we couldn't find the spot so we gave up.

We end up on a different area of the Garosu-gil, it's a uphill area so it was rather tough to walk especially when mum has bad knee.



Had BBQ at Yukjin Sikdang again

Head to Myeongdong after that but didn't get to take much photo because it was super crowded.


Gotta say this is super sweet. sugar type candy.

Another "gyeran bang". Elder sis say this taste nicer than the one we had the night before.


The seafood pancake located in front of this shop is nice.

Day 2 ended with us buying makeup from Myeongdong without much photos.


Day 3 - 12 April 2015

Heading to Myeongdong again and this time round is to have the Myeongdong Gyoja.

Have to head out early because we read it online prior to the trip that the queue is super long.

Name of restaurant: Myeongdong Gyoja
Nearest Station: Myeongdong



We ordered one Myeongong gyoja, one hot noodle and one cold noodle.

I gotta say the queue was really worth it though we waited for like about 20 mins to get our seat. The Myeongong gyoja is really delicious so does the hot noodles.

We then went to Hongdae cos me and elder sis wanted to visit 3CE to buy their products as there aren't much selling in Singapore since it's a Korean brand.


Mum and sis decide to pose with this random statue
I gotta say I seriously couldn't remember what we did at night but I took the photos below.
We were in the train so possibly heading somewhere.



This aunty sat in front of us is a mistake. We were giggling away (not at her) but it made her feel awkward cause we were trying to take the photo of our reflection.

Went back to have the BBQ again and the young staff there recognize us and tried to talk to us. My elder sis (who learnt Korean together with me) made me do the talking by telling the guy that my Korean is better. The guy told us that he's a part time dancer for SM Town and another guy who's in the shop is a part time DJ (club DJ).

So we chatted a little and the guy say that maybe one day he'll visit Singapore and we offered to show him around if he does. He then asked our age, which he told us that he's born in 1994 (same age as my younger sis), he then proceed to ask us which I say that both me and my elder sis is his 'noona' (how Korean guys calls woman / lady / girls older than them). Telling him that my elder sis is 89'born and I'm 91'born.

I just gotta say that they guy was kinda cute. Trying his level best to entertain us.

Day 4 - 13 April 2015

Went to Samziegil in the morning after our breakfast at the usual breakfast shop.

The owner told me that my Korean is good (because we had been going there almost everyday and I'm the only one who do the talking as my Korean is slightly better than my sister)

At Samziegil, tried my "ddongbbang" (Poo bread). It's actually red bean bun which is nice to eat in cold weather.

Nothing much to buy from Samziegil because it was kinda pricey.
Head to the top floor and had ice cream, the seller knew we were tourist and spoke to us with simple english.

Name of restaurant: YooganeNearest station: Myeongdong








Wanted to order the rice one but had ordered the wrong one instead, however it turn out to be nice too.
I guess I didn't take the photos in the morning and afternoon.



For those who wanted to change money at a good rate, look for this money exchange shop. It's located at the end of Myeongdong, in front of a Embassy (with big red door).

Day 5 - 14 April 2015



Seriously love their "chamchi" (Tuna) kimbab

We happened to chance upon this war memorial museum and it's entrance is free.

Walked around the museum for around close to 2 hours, it was super big and it took us some time to walk the place but we had to leave cos mummy was getting hungry after all the travelling and walking.


On the way to COEX Atrium


This is the COEX Mall with f(x) Amber poster

Elder sis wanted to visit the place but this place is only suitable for window shopping but not for buying of items cos the things sold there are rather expensive.
We settled for lunch at Burger King.

Walked around and I have been wanting to purchase Korean books and walked around, but the books sold was kinda expensive so I just decide to screen through.

Managed to purchase 3 books at 1000KRW from the underground store at the train station.





On our way back to our Airbnb apartment



Going to E-Mart after reaching (it was near to our apartment)
Have been going to E-Mart almost every night to explore.

Our apartment owner had introduce us to a very nice fried chicken.
Sis had then contacted the owner to have them help us order the chicken which we order the garlic flavor over the pepper ones.

The were nice enough to inform the deliveryman to come in about an hour cos we're shopping at E-Mart.
By the time we reached our apartment and kept all the stuffs, the food come just in time.



This has got to be one of the yummiest chicken that I had tried. The honey garlic smell. Did I say I mixed it with Hershey's chocolate drink

Settled for the night early cos we are waking up early to head to Nami Island. One of the place that I've wanting to visit. This place is famous due to Winter Sonata (Choi Jiwoo and Bae Yongjoon).

Day 6 - 15 April 2015


Woke up early to have our breakfast that we had bought the night before, Kimbab.
Head out to make our way to Nami Island.













There is actually a shuttle bus that could take tourist or people to the place to take the boat to Nami Island but the queue was super long.
So we decide to take a short cab ride to the ferry terminal and buy our entrance ticket there.



There are locals who cycled their way there.
The cab came quite fast and we didn't have to wait very long.


The ticket to Nami Island


The boat has different flags hanging around and I didn't manage to find Singapore's flag till later.


Reaching Nami Island, you'll be greeted by this stone.









Spot the squirrel up the tree ?

Nami Island is full of squirrels and wild and tame animals, and you'll know why I say that later on.








Trying to take the famous tree shot but there were too many people so I couldn't.
Following the crowd and queue to good food,



The signage says that Ostrich doesn't eat cabbage.








A small area dedicated to Singapore.



Mummy tried to befriend this little Korean girl but she was scared of her and kept escaping from her. Haha XD


Her mum came over and intro her daughter formally to us, her name is Ha Eun.



She know I was going to take her photo and kept looking at my phone. Ha Eun yang, annyeong~



This place was super nice that we stayed awhile and took several photos.




You'll be wondering why I took this photo. Look closely or look at the next photo.




SQUIRREL~! And my family say that this photo is good cos I managed to take when it was jumping from one end of the bin to the other end.




It went into the bin and came out with a ice cream cone.
I've gotta say that these squirrel were much bigger than those we see back in Singapore.


These peacock later decides to enter the gents and had scare the hell out of some men and boys.

One last shot of the squirrel before we rush to catch the boat out of Nami Island.

Finally saw our Singapore flag after going up to the 2nd floor of the boat.


This woman had brought her dog up to the 2nd floor deck but the dog was shivering like mad.


Train to Myeongdong for one more round of Yoogane.


Finally ordering the right order. The cheese rice.

Bought the tram ticket to get up to Seoul Tower (also know as Namsan Tower)



There was a light performance on the tower wall.





Last walk around Myeongdong before we head back to our apartment and pack up.


The crowd at Myeongdong is no joke.


In Korea, their train station have this mirror on the walls for those who need a quick check on their appearance.

Our last night in Korea, I fell in love with this place.

Day 7 - 16 July 2015

Got up early to do last minute packing and making sure nothing is left behind.










Had a window seat and manage to take these photos.

Overall experience

Apartment - Paraville (Sinseol-dong)

The apartment owner was really nice, because on one of the day, the heater had broke down and only mum and I brave through the cold water with a little kettle cooked water for shower.

The owner had then provided my sisters a empty room with working heater to shower.

The owner even though being Korean was especially good in Chinese because he worked in China for 4 years before coming back to Korea to start the Airbnb business.

He had then stayed for awhile before going out to settle urgent matters but had got his mum to come down to stay in the room to help to speak to the heater management company and keeping a lookout on our stuffs.

By the time we reached the apartment, the owner's mum had helped to leave the floor heated so that we won't enter a room with cold floor.

Food:


I love the food.
Acceptable.
The food on certain locations were a little pricey but worth it.
Streetfood were also acceptable.

Transport:


Staying at Sinseol-dong, some would ask why I didn't stay around Myeongdong station. Well... I find the location alright for me since I don't mind walking.

We didn't take cab except van from airport to our apartment and from our apartment to the airport.

Slightly pricey than Singapore since they had many stations and we have to change to different station to get to the locations that we wanted to go.

Weather (Spring):

As I went during early April when the weather was still cold, I end up having nose bleeding on the 2nd day because the cold air had made my nose so dry that it bled.

So we went to the pharmacy to buy nose spray for our nose.

Money / Currency:

I would advise that putting aside the money that is for air ticket and accomodation, that you bring at least 2K because I brought 1,2K and it wasn't enough. I bought makeup, food, some souvenirs. Paid for transport, food, souvenirs.

=============================================

I would definitely go back again. And will be able to make sure what to buy and what not to. Because this was our first trip, we wanted to go everywhere possible that people introduce and eat every food and buy everything that people introduce.

That's it, the above is my blog for my Seoul 7D6N trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS