A short getaway.
Booked my to and fro flight from 2 different flight provider.
Booked flight to KL from AirAsia and booked flight back to Singapore via Scoot.
Since I did not have baggage to check-in, I pay lesser.
It was cheaper this way to book as certain airlines do sell their tickets higher if you purchase to and fro together.
Was thankful that Felicia fetched me from the airport to the Hotel then accompany me and Lijun on our Day 2 in KL and also driving (and going) with us to the wedding lunch on Sunday and then sending us to get some local delicacies and sending us to the airport for our flight back to Singapore.

I flew in to KL on Friday night.
Went to Kuala Lumpur to attend a colleague's wedding lunch on Sunday.
Luckily I have managed to book our stay in the Hotel at a discounted price.
By the time we reached the Hotel, it was already around midnight.

Booked the standard Superior room that comes with a Queen bed.
Just nice for 2 girls to share in.
Definitely love it cos we seemed to be assign to the floor that is designated for VIPs.
Room was assigned on the 13th floor and that it comes with a pool view.
And I love the fact that I got the KL Tower view.

View of the KL Tower from directly lying on the bed.
Love the fact that we were assigned the corner room, away from the lift and noise.
Was informed by the Front Office during check-in that the Hotel's WiFi access line was accidentally cut off by the construction that was going on right behind the Hotel.
Wasn't affected by that, as I have bought data card so I do not need WiFi access.
By the time we get ourselves freshen up and clean up, after some supper (cup noodles and hotdog bun bought from the airport), it was around 2AM.

Pool view from our room when we looked out of the window the next morning.
And I've got to say that the pool sure does looks big (from high up).
I love how comfortable and soft the pillows are.
We each got 2 big pillows and one cushion (to hug).
Love the fact that full body mirror in the room that we could use.

The view of the KL Tower in the day.

The Pavilion mall in KL.
They were having some pre-Hari Raya event going on.
Some amazing lights and decorations that they've got there.


Was supposed to be there for Suki-ya in the Japanese street and then settled for our lunch at another Japanese restaurant since the queue at Suki-ya was kinda adding up to our hunger.
This is the first time I have Chawamushi.

Then walked to Petronas for their science centre which was amazing and it definitely was a great place for family to visit because of the interactive pieces.

The back of the famous Petronas Twin Towers

This looks like Wall-E
We were like kids playing with all the interactive science projects that was there.
Literally 3 full grown adults happily playing with the displays and projects. After a close to 2 hours trip in the Petronais centre, we settled for our dinner at the Chilis.

This is a big portion and I couldn't finish the side dish.

Mango juice

Definitely love this one here
It's been juice day since Day 1.
Apple juice, orange juice, mango juice.
And non-stop eating for Day 2 in KL.
It started pouring halfway through our lunch so we ate our food slowly while waiting for the rain to stop before we head off to Lot 10 to have the cheesecake.
A pity that Felicia couldn't join us for the rest of the day cos she has to go send some of her work products to her customers.

I flew in to KL on Friday night.
Went to Kuala Lumpur to attend a colleague's wedding lunch on Sunday.
Luckily I have managed to book our stay in the Hotel at a discounted price.
By the time we reached the Hotel, it was already around midnight.

Booked the standard Superior room that comes with a Queen bed.
Just nice for 2 girls to share in.
Definitely love it cos we seemed to be assign to the floor that is designated for VIPs.
Room was assigned on the 13th floor and that it comes with a pool view.
And I love the fact that I got the KL Tower view.

View of the KL Tower from directly lying on the bed.
Love the fact that we were assigned the corner room, away from the lift and noise.
Was informed by the Front Office during check-in that the Hotel's WiFi access line was accidentally cut off by the construction that was going on right behind the Hotel.
Wasn't affected by that, as I have bought data card so I do not need WiFi access.
By the time we get ourselves freshen up and clean up, after some supper (cup noodles and hotdog bun bought from the airport), it was around 2AM.

Pool view from our room when we looked out of the window the next morning.
And I've got to say that the pool sure does looks big (from high up).
I love how comfortable and soft the pillows are.
We each got 2 big pillows and one cushion (to hug).
Love the fact that full body mirror in the room that we could use.

The view of the KL Tower in the day.

The Pavilion mall in KL.
They were having some pre-Hari Raya event going on.
Some amazing lights and decorations that they've got there.


Was supposed to be there for Suki-ya in the Japanese street and then settled for our lunch at another Japanese restaurant since the queue at Suki-ya was kinda adding up to our hunger.
This is the first time I have Chawamushi.

Then walked to Petronas for their science centre which was amazing and it definitely was a great place for family to visit because of the interactive pieces.

The back of the famous Petronas Twin Towers

This looks like Wall-E
We were like kids playing with all the interactive science projects that was there.
Literally 3 full grown adults happily playing with the displays and projects. After a close to 2 hours trip in the Petronais centre, we settled for our dinner at the Chilis.

This is a big portion and I couldn't finish the side dish.

Mango juice

Definitely love this one here
It's been juice day since Day 1.
Apple juice, orange juice, mango juice.
And non-stop eating for Day 2 in KL.
It started pouring halfway through our lunch so we ate our food slowly while waiting for the rain to stop before we head off to Lot 10 to have the cheesecake.
A pity that Felicia couldn't join us for the rest of the day cos she has to go send some of her work products to her customers.
It was still drizzling by the time we finished our early dinner and lucky I was wearing my cap and also brought an umbrella along.
Gave it to Felicia and Lijun to share since I could use my cap to shield my face and head from the drizzle.
We were lucky that we did make reservations for a table at The Tokyo Restaurant. By the time we reached the restaurant, there were people waiting in line for their seats.
The ambience of the place was romantic.







Ordered one plate of cheesecake to share, since we are still slightly full from the early dinner which we had and worried that we might not be able to finish if we each order a plate.
Ordered a glass of Virgin Passion Mojito mocktail (yummy with a bit of minty taste) to go along with the cheesecake.
Just gotta say that I love the cheesecake, the taste is so rich and creamy to go along with whipped cream.

Lying on the bed and happened to look out of the window and chance upon the light show which lasted for quite some time.
Was intending to get some tibits to end the day but couldn't find a decent one to end the day.
Woke up around 8:38AM the next day (intending to wake up at 8AM).
We were ready around 9:45AM and managed to have time to have a just nice breakfast.
Felicia was here around 10:45AM to fetch us to the wedding venue.

She wanted to bring us to Berjaya Times Square but we did not have enough time.
So could only just see the buidling itself in her family car.
Reached the wedding venue in time but the actual event only starts around 1:30PM.




Went off early to get some local delicacies.
I love their durian tart and pineapple tart.
Head off to the airport around 4plus in the afternoon for our flight at night.
Hang around Starbucks for a quick quench of thirst.

Had nuggets for quick bite at Macs to fill our stomach cos we both knew that we'll be tired by the time we reached Singapore to even have the energy for food.

Waited at the counter rows to do our check-in and getting our tickets.
Counter was supposed to be open at 6:15PM but it only open around 6:45PM.
Staff at the counter saw us (me and Lijun) both and let us do our check-in and gave us our tickets.
We were literally like the first person at the counter.
Both of us was so tired. Lijun was having red eye from being tired.
We were supposed to be boarding the gate by 8:35PM but it dragged till around 8:46PM cos the people from the previous flight was moving rather slowly that it took more than half an hour for them to get off the plane.
Flight only took off from KLIA2 around 9:35PM.


By the time we reached Singapore, it was around 11PM.
Took a cab home, and reached home around 11:45PM that night.
I will be back to KL some day.
Love the place.
Counter was supposed to be open at 6:15PM but it only open around 6:45PM.
Staff at the counter saw us (me and Lijun) both and let us do our check-in and gave us our tickets.
We were literally like the first person at the counter.
Both of us was so tired. Lijun was having red eye from being tired.
We were supposed to be boarding the gate by 8:35PM but it dragged till around 8:46PM cos the people from the previous flight was moving rather slowly that it took more than half an hour for them to get off the plane.
Flight only took off from KLIA2 around 9:35PM.


By the time we reached Singapore, it was around 11PM.
Took a cab home, and reached home around 11:45PM that night.
I will be back to KL some day.
Love the place.
No comments:
Post a Comment