[ TAIWAN ] TAIPEI 7D6N : 24 - 30 MARCH 2024

Sunday, 7 April 2024

6 months after the previous trip to Taipei, I have decided to visit Taipei again for 7 days 6 nights. And this time round, it was a planned solo trip.

Booked the ScootPlus again for both way and staying at the same hotel. First 3 nights at Shangri-La Far Eastern Taipei and the balance 3 nights at Caesar Park Banqiao. This time round, the flight was rather full for the ScootPlus class. 

After missing several locations from the previous trip, this year I've planned to go a lot of places that I didn't manage to go the previous time. 


Day 1 (24 March 2024)


Seeing the sunrise from the plane.


Arrived at Taoyuan International Airport around 5:45am, flight was slightly delayed. By the time I got my luggage and exited the arrival gate, it was about 6:30am. 

Waiting for my luggage. Took 20 minutes.


I then went over to the Taiwan travel incentive lucky draw to try my luck but unfortunately, did not win it this time. 


Booked Uber to head down to Shangri-La Far Eastern Taipei. Did the registration and deposited my luggage. Not forgetting to change my backpack to slingbag for light weight travelling. 


Head down to 阜杭豆漿 to have my first meal in Taipei. Climbing flight of stairs from exit 5, I arrived approximately around 8:21am and queued for almost an hour. The menu would be available before you arrive at the ordering counter. 


Train ride: 六張犁 >>> (transfer) 忠孝復興 【頂埔 direction】 >>> 善导寺 【南港展覽館 direction】

The menu and price

I ordered a bowl of 冰豆浆 and 薄饼夹蛋. On a hot day, 冰豆浆 really quench the thirst and cool down the heat. Not to mention the portion of the soy milk was worth the price and along with the 薄饼夹蛋. 


A bowl of 冰豆漿 and a 薄餅夾蛋


Seeing the amount of crowd waiting to order and the amount of crowd searching for empty table & seats, I quickly finished my food and slowly headed off to my next destination - 华山1914文创园区.


Train ride: 善導寺 >>> 忠孝新生 【南港展覽館 direction】


The entrance to 華山1914文創園區



There are many exhibits at the location. Some exhibits are free entrance and some have to pay in order to enter. If you are travelling alone, you can just go to those on free entry.

Not all of the exhibits requires you to spend. You can just go there and see the things but not necessary buying the stuffs. 



There is a 春水堂 by the corner of the 华山1914文创园区 with a figurine of the bubble tea cup at the entrance of the shop. If you want to eat the 鸡蛋仔, you’ll have to wait till after 12pm before they serve it (make sure you don’t select it on the menu. Order from QR code scanning).


Not to mention that you will need to let the staff know if you are having in (内用) or take away (外带). For those on 内用, you will be brought to a seat whereby you can order from the QR code then proceed to the cashier to make the payment for your orders.


I ordered their 蜂蜜翡翠绿茶 and fries, because it’s awkward to have just a cup of drink and no food (as travelling solo). 


My little snack and drink at 春水堂


And also, their aircon there can be quite cold, so try not to wear think layer or shorts unless if you are someone who is okay with cold weather / aircon.


Headed back to the hotel to have a nap and before heading to 臨江街觀光夜市 to get some food for dinner. Got the 粱鑫雞飯, 烤布蕾, 割(gua)包, 火焰骰子牛肉, 冰红茶 and made brought it back to the hotel to eat in the comfort of the room. 

Train ride: 忠孝新生 >>> (transfer) 忠孝復興 【南港展覽館 direction】 >>> 六張犁 【動物園 direction】

Ended the day with a hot bath followed by a hot shower.


Day 2 (25 March 2024)


Woke up and ordered in-room dining - French Toast set with apple juice. The French toast is not what I imagine it would look like. 



Headed off to the Taipei Zoo after making the purchase of the entry ticket from Klook. The location of the zoo was rather near (a few train stations) from where I stay at. 

Train ride: 六張犁  >>>  動物園 【動物園 direction】


The ticket bought from Klook was the entry ticket to the Zoo and the gondola and sadly, upon arrival at the train station in front of the zoo, there is a signage indicating the gondola is closed and not operating till further notice. 


Sadly I decide to forgo the gondola and wanted to go ahead with just the zoo and the staff at the entry of the zoo asked if I did purchase both the zoo and gondola ticket and advised that I request refund for the tickets I paid for and re-purchase just the zoo entry ticket. 


Fortunately, the refund process was fast and I managed to do everything (including repurchase) within 5 minutes. 


Showed the QR code to the staff who then scan the QR code to check the entry ticket which in return, she activate the barrier for the entry. 


As I have been to the zoo and travel most of the area, so I decide to go to the areas which I didn't get to visit the previous time.


(Koala in the air conditioned enclosure)

(Foal. There's another one on the other side of the feeding rack)

(I stood far away taking this photo for fear of being spat at)

(This little fella literally 'ploop' and lay there after a short walk)

(This little guy was so sleepy and kept dozing off)

(They looked liked brothers that fend for each other)

(A group of hens and chicken roam around freely. I was afraid this guy might attack me)

(This poor guy has no friend around it)

(They looked like family)


Headed to 西门町商圈 to look for 天天利美食坊 to have the 卤肉饭. This shop has been a must visit shop for 卤肉饭 for me.

Train ride: 動物園 >>> (transfer) 忠孝復興 【南港展覽館 direction】 >>> 西門盯 【頂埔 direction】

Then went to 小三美日 to get the hair conditioner that I have been wanting to get for quite some time. Taiwan sells it cheaper and Singapore is so much more expensive. 


After the lunch at 西门町, I slowly make my way back to the hotel as I would want to go to 臨江觀光夜市 earlier than the day before, to avoid the crowd.

Train ride: 西門盯 >>> (transfer) 忠孝復興 >>> 六張犁 【動物園 direction】

(The beautiful sunset sky)

Ended the day with hot bath feet soaking and hot shower. 


Day 3 (26 March 2024)


Another day of in-room dining ordering. This time round is pancake set with apple juice. 


Woke up to see that it has rained in the early hours. The sky was foggy and could barely see the top of the Taipei 101 building.




Went out shortly after breakfast and morning shower. Headed to 四四南村 to see as I've heard a lot about this place. 

It is actually easy to locate this location as it can be seen from the side of the road. Just need to get off at the Taipei 101 / Convention Centre station and Exit 2. 

Train ride: 六張犁 >>> (transfer) 大安 【南港展覽館 direction】 >>> 台北101/世貿 【象山 direction】

You may choose to cut across the carpark to reach the traffic light crossing (to cross the road) or walk the walkway to get to the traffic light crossing. 


(Top - The entrance area. Bottom - The kids play area)

(This row of buildings is photogenic, alot of tourist kept going there to take turn for picture)

(Taipei 101 building is just across 四四南村)

(Left - The small alley of one of the row of buildings. Right - The nice view of the PLAYground)

The 鼎泰豐 at Taipei 101 building is always crowded. You will have to wait at least 30 minutes to get your seat. 
The queue ticketing will have QR code for you to scan to check the queue status and also see the menu and pre-select your meals. 
This queuing is only for dine-in (Taiwanese call it 内用). They have a separate counter on the left side for takeaway (外带).


(This is how the page looks like after scanning the QR code. I've covered up the QR code for security reasons)

(Ollie, their robot guide)

After dinner, I head off to 松山文化園區 . Dropping off at 国父纪念馆 station (Exit 5) and taking a walk approximately 10 minutes and passing by 台北大巨蛋 before reaching the entrance of 松山文化園區.

Train ride: 台北101/世貿 >>> (transfer) 大安 【淡水 direction】 >>> (transfer) 忠孝復興 【南港展覽館 direction】 >>> 國父紀念館 【南港展覽館 direction】



This place looks more like a school with different classrooms and these classrooms sells different items and creative products. All are creations by the young generation.


 
The area is so confusing for first timer. With rows and rows of walkways / pathways. 

This place is located next to 誠品生活松菸(Eslite Spectrum) which is also consisting of Muji, a movie theatre, cafe, offices. 
I took a walk around the area and I swear I spent at least an hour at the area. 4 floors (B1 - level 3) are accessible by public. 


When I left the building, the sky has turn dark and I spotted some cute office window. Took some time (approx 5 minutes) looking at the windows to spot cute decorations. 


松山文化園區 is a big area to walk around. I almost got lost and had to rely on my memory to find my way out to the main entrance. 


This is the only day whereby the temperature is lower than 20 degree. The rest of the days in Taipei was warm.

Headed back to the hotel early to rest as I am changing to a new hotel the next day - Caesar Park Banqiao. 

Train ride: 國父紀念館  >>> (transfer) 忠孝復興 【頂埔 direction】 >>> 六張犁 【動物園 direction】 

Day 4 (27 March 2024)


Ordered last round of in-room dining and have waffle set with apple juice - again. Spent some more time in the room before checking out from the hotel and heading over to Caesar Park Banqiao via taxi. 

This hotel is rather strict. They do not allow you to do pre-registration and strictly everything to be done at point of check-in. Even if you wanted to pay for late check-out, they'll say because hotel on high occupancy, it has to be strictly pay full day and no half day.

I deposited my luggage with the Front Desk and left the hotel shortly (waiting for check-in time). Headed off to 西門盯 again as I wanted to go to Square Studio located at 西門紅樓. 

Train ride: 板橋 >>> 西門 【南港展覽館 direction】 

(This place is full of creative products stalls)

(This is the place I visit 西門紅樓 for)



Once I am done with my shopping at Square Studio (located at 西門紅樓), I headed over to 西門盯商圈 to get my 滷肉飯 at 天天利美食坊. Adding a sunny side up and I love the fact that the egg yolk is watery and I poke the egg yoke so that it would moist up and soak the rice with the yolk.


This is the pop mart which opened this year and the amount of crowd is a lot. I only peep in and thought of not being able to squeeze in and decide to forgo this place. 


Headed back to the hotel to check-in. Was rather tired, to be honest. Fortunately I pre-planned (from previous experience), a hand carry bag, a small luggage other than the usage of my big luggage. 

Train ride: 西門 >>> 板橋 【頂埔 direction】



The in-room TV has a greeting dedicated to my name. Nice one. They even have in English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. 

This trip to Taipei, I've been visiting Eslite Bookstore and stationery stores. I kept getting pen and notebooks. They are just what I wanted. I am not too sure if Singapore has them, so I decided to get them (in case Singapore does not have). 


I love their in-room full body mirror. 

Train ride: 板橋 >>> 台北車站 >>> 劍潭 【淡水 direction】

Rest awhile the room before heading to 士林夜市. 
Arrived around 6:20pm and the amount of crowd is no joke. This is just the beginning. And when I got to the eatery street, the amount of crowd increased. 

(This is the entrance area)


I wanted to try out this but the group of friends there has been hogging this for quite some time. So I eventually gave up waiting and left to get the cheese potato. This caucasian couple stood by the stall after getting one order which I kept thinking if they are waiting for another. I waited behind them for quite a while before they left not getting another. 


Bought all the food I wanted and headed back to the hotel to eat in the room. After finishing, I then get a deep soak feet time. Since the hot water would take awhile to come, I left the water running and started slight packing and arranging of clothings to wear for the following days. 


Train ride: 劍潭 >>> 台北車站 >>> 板橋 【頂埔 direction】

Day 5 (28 March 2024)

Had purchase a chocolate bread and a bottle of tea from the Family Mart the day before, I had my breakfast in the room before heading out.


Train ride: 板橋 >>> (transfer) 台北車站 >>> (transfer) 北投 >>> 淡水 【淡水 direction】 

Head out to 淡水 with intention to go to 淡水紅毛城 but I realised, the place seems far from what I see on the map and decided to forgo and walked around 淡水老街. 

To get to 淡水, you will have to change the train at 北投.



Ordered small bite crab and fried squid. With a cup of lime winter melon drink, I sat on a bench by the seaside watching the view and eating the food at the same time. 


Train ride: 淡水 >>> 雙連 【象山 direction】

After finishing the food, I slowly went down to 寧夏夜市. This is the first time I've been to this night market and it took a good 15-20minutes walk from the train station to the night market. 


The walkway of the night market is super squeezy and it's shoulder to shoulder kind of distance. Some people would just stop halfway / suddenly and literally cause conjunction at the walkway. 


And same thing, I ordered my food takeaway and eat in the room which is more comfortable since I'm travelling alone. 

Train ride: 雙連 >>> (transfer) 台北車站 >>> 板橋 【頂埔 direction】

Day 6 (29 March 2024)

Went out empty stomach in hopes to eat 鼎元豆漿 but forgetting to check their operating hours that they only operate in the morning till 11:30am.

Train ride: 板橋 >>> (transfer) 西門 【南港展覽館 direction】 >>> 中正紀念堂 【新店 direction】

Went to 中正紀念堂 to see the place because I heard so much of the location. It's all about "you got to see it to believe it".






Took the photos and realised that a jet plane was flying by with the white smoke. Climbing up the flight of stairs was really tiring. I was almost out of breath when I reached the top of the stairs. 



After walking around the area about 20 minutes, I headed to look for lunch and went to 金峰滷肉飯. For first timer, please make sure you bring your own drink as the shop does not sell any drinks. 

I was almost dying of thirst when I wanted to order food and drinks and realising that their menu doesn't have any. The shop can be rather warm and the tables are shared to fill the seats. 


I hurriedly finished my meal as I was super thirsty and remember coming across bubble tea (milk tea) shop. I track back and walk to this shop - 日日裝茶. Ordered their 龍眼蜜凍茶 (紅茶、、半糖、微冰) and I like the taste, it wasn't too sweet and literally quench my thirst.


Train ride: 中正紀念堂 >>> 松山 【松山 direction】

As I am returning to Singapore the next day, I decide to go to the night market earlier so that I can return to the hotel to pack my stuffs and rest. 

I then went to 饒河觀光夜市 to look for food for dinner. The 慈祐宮 located at the entrance of the night market is one of the photo spot for tourist. As I was there earlier, therefore, there isn't much crowd at the time.

(The temple will look so much nicer at night when the lights are switched on)


Raohe St. Night Market (饒河觀光夜市) opens at 5pm. And for those who wanted to eat the 胡椒餅, you can go there at around 5pm and there won't be a long queue. I was there at 5pm and there is only about 4 people waiting for the 胡椒餅. I'm not a fan of it, so I let and walked off in search for my dinner. 


How can one not get the Taiwanese sausage (台灣香腸) when they're there. Most of the stalls selling Taiwanese sausage will have garlic slices provided to pair with. 


Got this soufflé from the stall called 【吳寮-手作的幸福】. The owner was nice enough to ensure that I get to take a photo of it before he close the lid for the takeaway box. This is my 2nd time patronising them. The last time I was there, I got the mango flavour (seasonal flavour). This time round, I got the chocolate flavour.


I recommend getting the 冰火菠蘿 for first timer and next time, you can get the one with ice cream. The queue starts from the shophouse area before reaching to the front of the stall. 

All their buns are freshly bake daily. The man would be in-charge of making the dough and preparing the ingredient and the lady would be in-charge of taking order and serving the food. 

After getting the 冰火菠蘿, I then head back to the hotel to eat everything and rest earlier as I would need to check out of the hotel by 12pm the next day. 

Train ride: 松山 >>> (transfer) 西門 >>> 板橋 【頂埔 direction】

Day 7 - LAST DAY (30 March 2024)

I checked out from the hotel at 12pm. Deposited my luggage then went down to 西門盯 for one last time to Square Studio located at 西門紅樓. They use to only be there as temporary store but is now official permanently there as their 西門 門店. 

Train ride: 板橋 >>> 西門 【南港展覽館 direction】 

They have their own website: https://www.squarestudiotw.com/
And a Instagram account : https://www.instagram.com/squarestudiotw/ 

The items they sell are so cute and I have been purchasing so many things from them. On this visit, I have purchased almost SGD 350 worth of products. Ranging from phone case to pouch, and tumbler, mask holder, key holder, tie string bag.


Even their paper bag is also cute. This time, they have free gift of either their pin or sticker if you follow their Instagram account but I am not sure when this promo will end. 

And off I go for quick lunch at 天天利美食坊 for the 滷肉飯 and their fried oyster. 


Train ride: 西門 >>> 板橋 【頂埔 direction】 

I went back to the hotel after lunch and packed my last round of purchase into the empty small luggage I brought along. And left for the airport around 4:30pm.


Reached the airport about 50 minutes later, and waited for a while before I queue for check-in at 7pm. The airport security was nice enough to guide me to the queue for ScootPlus as there wasn't any signage (yet) like the previous time. 

It took quite awhile for my air ticket to be printed. Seems like there is some issues with the seat booking as the staff took longer than usual and kept checking my details. 

Took almost 10 minutes to receive my air ticket. Fortunately, my selected seat was the same, no change. 

After checked in and ensuring that my luggage went through the x-ray machine, I proceeded to enter the immigration. 

Gentle reminder that you will need to remove your outwear (jacket, cap/hat) and electronic device needs to be removed from your bag. Electronic devices include mobile phone has to go through the x-ray machine. 

This is the first time I was guided by the airport staff to try using the E-gate rather than the manned counter. The airport staff asked if I was travelling with young children and elderly, which I was then shown my way to use the E-gate after telling the staff that I'm travelling alone. 

It was smooth and easy and take about 2 minutes to go pass E-gate. Singaporean is able to use the E-gate but I'm not sure about citizens of other countries. 

I then walked towards my boarding gate - B8 and on the way there, I noticed some people going up a flight of stairs then remembered reading people sharing about the free airport experience zone.

I decided to make my way there as well and found it next to the Starlux airport lounge. There are sofa seats, long table & stools and round table and chairs. Not to mention that there are power plugs there, so you can charge your electronic devices before boarding the plane. 


There is also a TV in the lounge area so that you could check on your flights and not miss any informations / updates of your flight.

It is advisable to get your own food & drinks there as the F&B might not always be available. Unfortunately it was my case that there isn't any F&B available to purchase. I sat there for about 1 & half hour before heading off to my boarding gate. 


The aircon was on full blast that I almost have to put on a 2nd jacket. Boarding started around 9:45pm and being ScootPlus means Zone 1 and board first. I sat in the middle column and third row which means I can tilt back my seat without worrying if I will cause inconvenience to the passenger(s) behind. 


Only have the photo of my inbound inflight food (TPE - SIN). Forgotten to take phone of my outbound inflight food (SIN - TPE). 

Watched <Godzilla VS Kong> which I downloaded from Netflix in my iPad while having my meal then writing a little of my travel notes. Fell asleep after finished watching the movie and my food. Woke up less than half an hour prior to landing in Singapore. 

Back to sunny weather Singapore. Waited for about 15 minutes for my luggage at the luggage belt then getting Grab to return home. 

This is my 4th trip to Taiwan (only to Taipei). Next time when I visit Taiwan, I will add other district into the trip and perhaps a longer trip.

That's it for this trip. I hope that you all have a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS