Went with my mum and elder sis.
Flew there via Asiana Airlines.
Booked our Airbnb apartment in Hongdae area which is really convenient.
Weather was on and off cold.
I went with bad throat, cold, diarrhoea and came back with sore throat and flu.
Couldn't sleep well in the plane because I wasn't feeling well.
Was sick throughout the whole trip.

My in-flight meal from SIN - ICN

6hours plus flight to Incheon International Terminal 1.
Due to flight delay, we only arrived around 8AM (Korea time).

Got a quick bite of sandwich bought from the convenience store - (nice to) C U, at the airport before purchasing the bus ticket from the airport to Hongdae.
Airbnb aparment owner was really nice to inform that we could check-in immediately when we arrived at the apartment.
This really helped save us from having to pull our luggage here and there.
Got a quick nap in the apartment before heading out around our apartment in search for lunch.

Day 1 - 12 October 2018
Came across this small shop which had really delicious 주목밥, spicy tteokbokki and steamed egg.




I love Korea, not to say that half of the food being spicy that I can't eat due to bad gastric.
The place we stay is so nearby to all those famous cafe but I didn't get a chance to step in.
Kakao Friends, Line cafe, Thanks Nature etc

Thanks Nature Cafe (with live sheep)
Walked around Hongdae area before settling with BBQ at a random BBQ restaurant for dinner.
Mum kept BBQ-ing the onion and said it was delicious.
BBQ in Korea was charcoal which Singapore barely serves BBQ in charcoal style.


Hongdae has alot of street performer.
This is a place whereby alot of youngsters with dreams, set up their mini stage with singing, dancing, hosting, and many more talents.
Some in groups, some solo performer.
This is a place for them to showcase their talents and earn their group of fans.
Hongdae is a place for youngsters and tourist, not much of older people.

Random shot of a street performer.

Carp fish bread as a snack to end Day 1
Day 2 - 13 Oct 2018

Only came to know on Day 2 that we're staying nearby to Kakao Friends Cafe.
Settled our breakfast at this Kimbab store called - Kim Ga Ne.


Kimbab for breakfast on Day 2.
2 types of Kimbab, Tuna and Ham.
Walked around the area and spotted the One Piece cafe and also Line Cafe.


Headed off to Yeouido Park after breakfast.
Heads up to those who have never been to Yeouido Park and wishes to go, do take note that it is a big park and have 2 separate area.
I would categorise as one for event and one for picnic.
Had a long walk in the park before we settled for some drinks to quench our thirst.




The small cafe serves food and drinks, so for those who got kinda hungry while strolling along the park, this cafe / convenience stall is located on the left side of the park that is more towards the office buildings.









Weather was kinda warm that day.
I did bring along my scarf but didn't really use it for the whole trip.
Headed off to Noryanjin Fish Market after a short rest.





For those who do not speak Korean but speaks Chinese, do not have to worry, because most stall owner does speak Chinese.
Do bear in mind that you might have to pay for alot for the fresh seafood.
You need to purchase the fresh seafood from the stall and pay for the cooking fee at the shop where they prepare the food.
All stall owners has their own restaurant that helps to cook the seafood that you buy from them. Once you purchase their seafood, they'll bring you to their restaurant to have your food cooked.
You need to purchase the fresh seafood from the stall and pay for the cooking fee at the shop where they prepare the food.
All stall owners has their own restaurant that helps to cook the seafood that you buy from them. Once you purchase their seafood, they'll bring you to their restaurant to have your food cooked.


Because I have been wanting to see the Banpo Rainbow Bridge which is only available to view at night due to it being a water fountain show with rainbow coloured lights.
Do go there early if you want to grab a place to sit.
Otherwise, seats will be based on luck.
In case you worry that you get hungry or thirsty, they do have vans and tents set up there selling foods and drinks.


They have lived band performers at the centre stage, and will start singing / playing the moment the water fountain starts.
Headed back to our apartment area after this, because it was kind of cold, so we didn't stay long.


Spotted this cafe which is walking distance from the apartment that I am staying in.
Will be back to this cafe later in this trip.
Day 3 - 14 Oct 2018
Because we didn't want to repeat eating the same food everyday, we walked around Hongdae area in search of a proper meal to begin the day.
I am still down with diarrhoea and still not feeling great but slightly better.
I eventually got flu halfway through this trip.




Headed off to Namsangol Hanok Village and admission is free.
For more information, visit here.
Not a really big location. So you do not have to worry to have to walk long.

It is very near to the train station.
Takes you less than 5 minutes after you exit and get to the ground level and you'll spot the place. Signage are available to show you the directions.


There are people doing falcon training.
Excited kids can't wait to take their turn to try playing with the falcon.



Kids get to experience olden days stuff.
Spot a cute sibling doing the olden days punishment.

There are also bow & arrow making classes for kids.

We decide to head back to Hongdae area and walk around.
Mum can't walk much due to bad knee caused by a fall some time back.
So we wanted to find a place for her to sit and chance upon the Line Cafe.

I had my turn to take photo with the big Cony bear.
Waited for awhile before I can have my turn because a bunch of tourist had hoarded the queue and entrance area and kept taking a bunch of photos and not being considerate enough to give others a chance to have their photos taken.
Spotted the different Cony at the open area of the back of the cafe and decide to take some photos.
Since we are already at the cafe, we decide to try out their food and drinks.
I had my fairshare of the food and drinks.



By the time it was dinner time, I was suddenly down with bad flu that I needed some soup to drink to make myself feel better.
Since we were near to our apartment area, I get to choose what to eat because I was rather ill.

Chicken soup to end the day and I do feel better after some hot soup.
Day 4 - 15 Oct 2018 (Donghae Oppa's birthday)
Went out around afternoon because we were all rather tired.
Off to Myeongdong to get my Innisfree makeup and Laneige Water Sleeping Mask.
And also some other stuffs that I am helping my colleagues to buy.
Mum's feet wasn't feeling good from the walkings, so we got her sandals that she have been looking for.

First meal of the day is at Myeongdong Gyoja, one of the restaurant that I have been wanting to return to. I love their gyoja.

We spent almost half a day walking around Myeongdong area and heading back to our apartment to put down the stuffs as they were heavy.
Had a snack at Cafe Bread for some cakes and drinks.
I love their chocolate cake as it's made of dark chocolate rather than milk chocolate.
Had lemonade to go along with the cakes.

Went back to rest, night time was always colder than day time.
Day 5 - 16 Oct 2018
Headed off to Gwangjang Market for breakfast as we wanted to try out the food there.

Will be back to this cafe later in this trip.
Day 3 - 14 Oct 2018
Because we didn't want to repeat eating the same food everyday, we walked around Hongdae area in search of a proper meal to begin the day.
I am still down with diarrhoea and still not feeling great but slightly better.
I eventually got flu halfway through this trip.




Headed off to Namsangol Hanok Village and admission is free.
For more information, visit here.
Not a really big location. So you do not have to worry to have to walk long.

It is very near to the train station.
Takes you less than 5 minutes after you exit and get to the ground level and you'll spot the place. Signage are available to show you the directions.


There are people doing falcon training.
Excited kids can't wait to take their turn to try playing with the falcon.



Kids get to experience olden days stuff.
Spot a cute sibling doing the olden days punishment.

There are also bow & arrow making classes for kids.

We decide to head back to Hongdae area and walk around.
Mum can't walk much due to bad knee caused by a fall some time back.
So we wanted to find a place for her to sit and chance upon the Line Cafe.

I had my turn to take photo with the big Cony bear.
Waited for awhile before I can have my turn because a bunch of tourist had hoarded the queue and entrance area and kept taking a bunch of photos and not being considerate enough to give others a chance to have their photos taken.
Spotted the different Cony at the open area of the back of the cafe and decide to take some photos.
Since we are already at the cafe, we decide to try out their food and drinks.
I had my fairshare of the food and drinks.



By the time it was dinner time, I was suddenly down with bad flu that I needed some soup to drink to make myself feel better.
Since we were near to our apartment area, I get to choose what to eat because I was rather ill.

Chicken soup to end the day and I do feel better after some hot soup.
Day 4 - 15 Oct 2018 (Donghae Oppa's birthday)
Went out around afternoon because we were all rather tired.
Off to Myeongdong to get my Innisfree makeup and Laneige Water Sleeping Mask.
And also some other stuffs that I am helping my colleagues to buy.
Mum's feet wasn't feeling good from the walkings, so we got her sandals that she have been looking for.

First meal of the day is at Myeongdong Gyoja, one of the restaurant that I have been wanting to return to. I love their gyoja.

We spent almost half a day walking around Myeongdong area and heading back to our apartment to put down the stuffs as they were heavy.
Had a snack at Cafe Bread for some cakes and drinks.
I love their chocolate cake as it's made of dark chocolate rather than milk chocolate.
Had lemonade to go along with the cakes.

Went back to rest, night time was always colder than day time.
Day 5 - 16 Oct 2018
Headed off to Gwangjang Market for breakfast as we wanted to try out the food there.

This is just a non-stop eating trip.
But I couldn't really enjoy much because being sick while travelling ain't a good feeling and makes you lose your appetite.

Some kimbab and ox head meat
Second round continue with some meat patty and more kimbab.Walked around Gwangjang Market to see if there is anything that we could get.



You do not have to worry that you will get lost because there are guides in the market to help you around. Some speaks to you in English and some speaks in Chinese. So no worry on the language barrier.

Grapefruit juice to end the market trip
Love the sweet and sour taste of the freshly squeeze juice.
Heading off to Naksan Park which my elder sis have been wanting to go. To see the fortress like park.
Be prepared to walk up a really steep road to get to the park if you are entering from the front of the park.





The view uphill is really beautiful.
It takes about 10mins to get to the top of the park to the magnificient view.
Our legs were literally tired while walking up and had to rest for a moment before going up.


Along the way there are beautiful flowers and view.
Can't stop myself from stopping and looking at it.


Mum was suddenly obsessed in looking for the four leaf clover, me too.
I needed some luck.


Downhill was alright as they are considerate enough to place soft grass / hay patches on the side of the rail so our feet won't feel as painful when we walk.
There used to be more beautiful murals around the park area but because of all the people / tourist causing nuisance to the nearby residents that they have removed some of the murals in hope to keep people away and giving themselves peace.


Was originally going for Starbucks for drinks however the outlet was kinda small and their seats are only available on the 2nd floor which we do not want to trouble our mum to go up.
So we opted for another cafe called A Twosome Place which has seats available at their 1st floor.
We got ourselves 1 Americano, 1 grapefruit ade, 1 ice chocolate drink and a chocolate cake.


Short rest before we head off to Sinseoldong (the area we stayed during our trip back in 2015).
We didn't know that they actually has 3 outlets in Sinseoldong area and ended up going to the wrong outlet. We wanted to go to the outlet that was nearby the apartment that we stayed during our first trip to Korea.
The name of the BBQ shop is called Yukjeon Sikdang.
We ordered 1 portion of beef and 2 portion of pork.
The staff thought we were from Japan and spoke to us in Japanese.
We replied to him in our broken Korean that we are not from Japan but from Singapore.




Definitely love the tenderness of the meat. Both the beef and pork.
2nd BBQ of the trip.
Ended Day 5 rather early as we got to wake up real early the next day for a tour that we had purchased via Klook.
Day 6 - 17 Oct 2018
Woke up real early around 4:30AM (SG time) to get ready for our meet up for the tour which is at 7:20AM (KR time).
As there were not seats for 3, I chose to sit on my own.
Was rather sleepy along the trip and fell asleep while sitting next to a rather incosiderate woman who kept figeting (which I think was on purpose) but lucky she got down in Myeongdong Station to get to another bus.

I love the view out of the bus window as I got the window seat.
And as we move higher up to the mountain areas, fogs were almost everywhere, surrounding.
Stunning images and views to see it.
Never been so closed to fogs before.

And so, we reached our first destination after about an hour drive.
GARDEN OF THE MORNING CALM

The bridge within the park.
Bridge became rather shaky the moment more people got on due to the weight.


As it's not fully into Autumn, the leaves on the trees are not all red and yellow.
But still, it still does looks beautiful.

Spotted a cottage like shop in the middle of the park which was unfortunately closed at that time.
The surrounding environment looks beautiful and made the cottage looks even more mesmerizing.

Walked by the river and saw those stacked stones
This is a tradition in Korea whereby people pick up stones and stacked them after making their wish.
This is said to work if the stone that you put does not falls off the stacks.
The beautiful red leaves around the garden.
Weather was rather cold in the mountain area.
10 degrees was kinda cool and cold at the same time.


We were given about 1 and a half hour to walk around the garden and I got kinda hungry towards to the last 20mins.
Since there was stores selling food around the entrance area, we went to get some corndog and sausage with sikhae (rice drink).

We then board the tour bus to head off to our next destination which is about a 1 hour 20mins drive - Nami Island
NAMI ISLAND
I have been to Nami Island on my previous trip and went again since it's within the tour package that we booked.

Our tour guide - Rachel, gave us the tickets and told us to go on the island at our own pace and time since it's lunch time and some might want to have their lunch before boarding the boat to the island and some might choose to have their lunch on Nami Island as there are restaurants available on the island itself.

Mum and sis were rather hungry, so we settled our lunch prior to boarding the boat to Nami Island.
This shop provides dakgalbi and I got to say that the taste wasn't bad.
Rachel was nice to come check on us every now and then to ensure that our needs were met.

Head off to Nami Island after a lunch that was just nice as we wanted to eat some more food that is only sold at the island itself.
Nami Island is know to have alot of squirrels but we don't see much as compared to previous trip and it seems that it could be their hibernating season.

The island wasn't as clean as it looked like from the previous time.
Perhaps too many people were on the island.

This is the chicken sausage that I have been craving
Taste of the chicken sausge doesn't seems to be the same anymore.

My sis wanted to eat hoddeok for some time, lucky I remembered that there is a store on Nami Island selling it so we headed to the place.
Got myself a Ice Peach Tea to go along with the half hoddeok that I share with mum.

Overheard one tour guide (not from our group) telling his tour team that the trees (as pictureD above and below) have male and female.
Male trees look more nicer and female trees not as much.


And finally after almost completing the trip in Nami Island that I spotted a black coloured squirrel.
Mum picked up some fruits that have fallen off the trees and threw it towards the squirrel in hoping to feed it but ended up hitting the squirrel on the head directly.
She meant no harm. The squirrel got spooked and ran away shortly after.
Managed to board the boat back to land to meet up with Rachel before we head off to our last destination before heading back to our apartment.
PETITE FRANCE
I have been wanting to visit Petite France on my trip back in 2015 but couldn't do so because I have read online that the place is kind of far.
This time round, joining the tour allow me to get a chance to visit Petite France.
It's a 40mins drive from Nami Island.

And the lady in the middle (wearing stripe top), is our tour guide Rachel.
She is from Hong Kong and have been living and working in Korea for four and a half year.

She's explaining the places that we could take note of and to specially visit it when we can.
During our chat before we board the boat to Nami Island, my mum and sis told her that I love Korea and she even asked me to stay in Korea with study visa or perhaps work in Korea with work visa.
This got me hype up, I love the weather in Korea and will not stop visiting the country.

For those who have not visit Petite France, this is a must-go place when you go to Korea.
The view is stunning.

There is this tower that Rachel mentioned is on spot number 8.
It is said that you ring the bell after making your wish and your wish will come true.
Mum did hers and I did too.

The mini Eiffel Tower in the park
Since the place is called Petite France, you would definitely need something that represent France. And it is mainly about The Little Prince, there is alot of statues and stuffs about him in the park.


We walked around the place for about an hour and half before we board the bus and head back to Hongdae.

Rachel had to drop off at Myeongdong due to work commitment.
Didn't get a chance to take photo with her.



Settled our dinner in a random chicken + beer restaurant.
Mum and sis said the chicken was so-so, I was fine with it.
As they do not have space inside the shop due to it being dinner time, we have to sit outside and bear with the freezing 9 degree coldness.
We could not properly finish our food because of the coldness and have to takeaway the remaining chicken and ended our Day 6.
Day 7 - 18 Oct 2018
Woke up around noon time because we were all rather tired from waking up early the previous day.
Quick bite settled in the apartment.
Head off to Myeongdong in search for last minute shopping and also Yoogane for lunch.
I had purchase some last minute gift to end the trip as I felt that I do not have enough souvenirs to give.



Managed to get to the 8 level Daiso which is near to Exit 2 of Myeongdong Station.
Just walked straight about 100metres and you will see the buidling.

Ended the night with potato soup as I was again having bad flu (with congested nose).
Basically I am sick throughout the whole trip.
My voice was heavily affected by the still yet to recover throat inflammation.

Day 7 ended with spicy potato soup for dinner.
Day 8 - 19 Oct 2018 (Last Day)
The last day in Korea.
I am loving the weather after spending 8D7N.
Can't wait to get back.
Woke up around 7:30AM to prepare to leave for the airport as we got to check out from the apartment by 11AM (Korea time, equivalent to 10AM of Singapore Time).

It takes about an hour to get to Incheon Airport Terminal 1.
My legs were literally sore from all the walkings but I do love the trip though some hiccups during the trip.



Some kind of tourist interaction time set up by the Shinsegae department store.
You do not have to pay to take photos with them and can just tell them that you wanted to take photos and they will allow you to.

Our flight was 4:10PM (Korea time) back to Singapore.
I fell asleep shortly after boarding the plane as I have taken flu medicine prior to boarding.


My in-flight meal from ICN - SIN
Lunch was served about an hour into our flight and I had the beef sambap.
Finished almost everything except the vegetable that was meant for the meat and rice.
Head off to Myeongdong in search for last minute shopping and also Yoogane for lunch.
I had purchase some last minute gift to end the trip as I felt that I do not have enough souvenirs to give.



Managed to get to the 8 level Daiso which is near to Exit 2 of Myeongdong Station.
Just walked straight about 100metres and you will see the buidling.

Ended the night with potato soup as I was again having bad flu (with congested nose).
Basically I am sick throughout the whole trip.
My voice was heavily affected by the still yet to recover throat inflammation.

Day 7 ended with spicy potato soup for dinner.
Day 8 - 19 Oct 2018 (Last Day)
The last day in Korea.
I am loving the weather after spending 8D7N.
Can't wait to get back.
Woke up around 7:30AM to prepare to leave for the airport as we got to check out from the apartment by 11AM (Korea time, equivalent to 10AM of Singapore Time).

It takes about an hour to get to Incheon Airport Terminal 1.
My legs were literally sore from all the walkings but I do love the trip though some hiccups during the trip.



Some kind of tourist interaction time set up by the Shinsegae department store.
You do not have to pay to take photos with them and can just tell them that you wanted to take photos and they will allow you to.

Our flight was 4:10PM (Korea time) back to Singapore.
I fell asleep shortly after boarding the plane as I have taken flu medicine prior to boarding.


My in-flight meal from ICN - SIN
Lunch was served about an hour into our flight and I had the beef sambap.
Finished almost everything except the vegetable that was meant for the meat and rice.


Sunset view from the plane was amazing
Shortly after, I was deeply engross in watching - The Doctor - which is the US version of the Korean drama played by Joo Won.
Was served chicken burrittos in the plane about an hour before touchdown, so we were rather full after touchdown and decide to head home immediately and not having dinner.
Touch down in Singapore around 9:20PM (Singapore Time).
And so, this is the end of my entry for my 2nd trip to Korea.
I will be back some day, I hope soon. Happy reading :)
No comments:
Post a Comment