I gave myself a well deserve de-stress trip to Taipei.
It was rather rush as I've only booked my trip almost 2 weeks before I fly.
Because one colleague's brother is going to Taipei for his school event and my colleague is going there to support him.
I've decide to join her after the event was over as I do not have anymore leave to take.

A midnight flight from Singapore to Taipei.
Scoot flight is aways the choice I make for short flight. Other than my Bangkok trip.

It was 4 years that I have last been to Taiwan.
Was lucky that I did have enough spending money after paying for flight and accommodation.
This was my first time flying alone for holiday.
A rather interesting experience.

Nothing could explain the breath taking view of the horizon from within the plane.
A pity that I could not take the sunrise from the plane.

Travelling on the train to the Hotel. Alone, but amazing.
It sparks my thought on going solo holiday.
Perhaps soon.
Took a quick shower after I reached the Hotel.
Weather sure was hot and humid that I was already sweating by the time I reached the Hotel.
So after shower, here comes Day 1.
Day 1 - 23 September 2017
Going to ShiFen for some food and to light up sky lantern.


Was originally thinking of going to Jinguashi (金瓜石) to see their gold mine and to visit their cat village (猴硐猫村) however, due to time constraint, we had to forgo the decision.


Had the long waited 卤肉饭 that I have been wanting to eat and chance upon this small shop open by a old couple.

I've just gotta say that they've got one of the best 卤肉饭 and their 小笼包 was good.


Got ourselves a 4 colour sky lantern that has their different meanings for each colours.

This explains the different meaning for each colours
Witness some sky lantern getting burn mid-way while flying up.
It was rather crowded, people were scrambling to get away from the tracks when the train comes.
We had our episodes too.
Walking along the tracks while the train is reaching and we almost couldn't get away till some locals reached out their helping hand to help us get out of the way. Opps 😄
Decided to walk the bridge nearby, my fear for height and swinging bridge gave me away. I slightly freak out when the bridge starts swinging mad due to wind and weight on the bridge.

Bought some tea cubes along the way.
And when I got the chance, I will go back to get somemore (if they are selling in SG).
And did I say that we almost missed the earlier train to get to ShiFen.
The place was simply like a maze to locate the right gate to get to RuiFang.
It has become so convenient that you do not need to purchase the train ticket but instead, just need to tap in and tap out the train station with the Easy Card.
After ShiFen, we took the train back to RuiFang station to get to JiuFen (first time there for both of us).

Sunset does arrives early cos we reached JiuFen around 4plus in the afternoon and they sky is starting to get dark.
I got tired from all the walking cos we were all rushing.





This is delicious but we were to hungry to take note of the name of the shop as we just randomly walked into the shop. Hot and hungry.

This definitely works to help kill the heat and quench the thirst.
The atmosphere of the shop is a mixture of Chinese and Japanese food. A two storey shop.
Was intending to go the this place that where the artist who drew 千与千寻 restaurant after getting the inspiration from JiuFen. It's a tea shop called 阿妹茶楼. An amazing place that is high up on the hills.
Next time I guest, the next time when I go there, I will make sure to vist there early to get a view.


A lot of people crowd around this shop front where there is so many dogs sitting.
Day 2 - 24 September 2017
The traditional chinese breakfast in the morning and with some juice and soya bean milk.
Love the full body mirror that is just next to the Hotel, so that we can check ourselves out before making our way out of the Hotel.
Was then brought to this shop in Ximending (西门町) by Yvonne and the name of the shop is called 小三每日 which sells alot of cheap and authentic makeup items, mask, food, body wash etc.
Alot of stuffs that too much for me to buy. My luggage was almost full.

Went back to the Hotel after Ximending to put all the stuffs that we bought. Lucky I asked my mum for her shopping bag which was big and strong enough for us to put all the stuffs that we had bought and without asking for a plastic bag.
Head down to Raohe Night Market (饶河夜市) to get ourselves dinner.
We had small portion so we could try alot of things at one whole go.


I went back to get a bigger portion that we brought back to the Hotel as supper.
And then we bought somemore food while on our way out to bring back to the Hotel as a supper to end the day.

Lemonade orange juice, smelly toufu, beef cubes, and Yvonne got herself one full size corn.
The drink and food was amazing and I can't wait to get back there for some more.
Day 3 - 25 September 2017 (Last Day)
Woke up early to get to Ximending (西门町) to see if there is any last minute stuffs that we could get.
I had almost used up all the money (expense) that I have brought for the trirp.
Lucky Yvonne has extra to spare me to buy some local snacks back to Singapore.
Went back to the Hotel to pack up our luggages.

Heading to the airport for our 3 plus flight back to Singapore.
And we got off the wrong airport station.
Lucky we made in just in time for our flight.




Till next time...






No comments:
Post a Comment